Events, arts and culture, and local business support are critical in creating a vibrant and activated city that attracts people into Perth city. Through the Local Activation Grants program, the City will provide up to $15,000 in funding to support events, arts and culture activity that has a public outcome, and local businesses, that activate the city with vibrant activity, have widespread appeal, champion sustainability, drive visitation into the city and support local business to stimulate economic growth.
This year, the City will be favouring applications that complement and build upon the City’s Events Plan 2022/2023. The City of Perth has a vision for a portfolio of major events which provide enriching experiences for all throughout the year (Events Strategy 2025).
To guide and inform the City’s direction and approach for the Local Activation Grants, five key outcomes from their stakeholder engagement have been identified as the priority. The City aims to support events, arts activity and local business projects that can achieve the below five outcomes for the city. These outcomes are aligned to the City’s strategic pillars; Liveable, Sustainable and Prosperous.
Grants Tier Criteria
The Local Activation Grants are tiered into three categories which are reflective of the level of investment for the outcomes likely to be achieved. Applicants are required to address all five outcomes for their chosen tier.
• TIER 1 – Funding request $5,000 and under
• TIER 2 – Funding request $5,001 – $10,000
• TIER 3 – Funding request $10,001 – $15,000
To be eligible to receive grant funding from the City, the applicant must:
1. be a legally constituted entity or individual with an Australian Business Number (ABN) or be under the auspice of an Australian legal entity;
2. have appropriate insurances and licences where required, as outlined under the City’s Activity Approvals or other relevant policies and procedures.
3. have submitted the application prior to the project commencement date with sufficient time to enable consideration by the City and Council;
4. offer a project or initiative within the City’s local government area; and
5. demonstrate financial viability without the City’s funding (an individual event or project may not be viable without the City’s support, however the organisation must be).
• Applications open: Now open
• This grant program operates as exhaustive funding and the City reserves the right to close the program once the available budget has been expended
• Apply at least 8 weeks prior to the start of your project
• Public outcome must be provided before 30 June 2023