This grant is designed to increase participation in local sport and recreation activities, particularly in regards to the inclusion of:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
• Disengaged young people;
• Newly arrived migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants;
• People experiencing homelessness; people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds;
• People living with disabilities;
• People of diverse genders and/or sexuality (LGBTI);
• People over 55 years of age, particularly those living alone;
• Women and girls.
$60,000 is allocated to the Sport & Recreation Grant.
The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000.
City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.