City of Parramatta Small Grant Fund is designed to assist voluntary and staffed not-for-profit incorporated organisations to fund one-off costs that will directly support the progression of their capacity building activities, projects or programs. The funding has to be linked to a discreet and defined activity or project.
– Support community based groups, sport and recreation clubs, and service organisations to develop effective projects that address the social, economic and/or environmental needs of residents in the Parramatta LGA, as described in City of Parramatta Council’s Community Strategic Plan;
– Maximise access to and use of community resources, services and facilities, including equity of access for people experiencing social exclusion, marginalisation or isolation;
– Encourage community participation in the development and delivery of projects and activities;
– Support the development of networks and partnerships between communities, local community groups, agencies and City of Parramatta Council.
$40,000 is allocated to the Small Grants Fund and the Social Enterprise Business Planning Grant. The maximum funding available in this category is $2,000. City of Parramatta Council will only fund one application over a calendar year, regardless of the number of applications received from an organisation.
Applications are open all year round with the following closing dates:
4pm, 2 August 2018
4pm, 1 November 2018
4pm, 6 February 2019
4pm, 1 May 2019
These grants can take up to 3 months from the assessment deadline before payments may be made. To avoid disappointment, ensure your project is scheduled to start 3 months after the upcoming quarterly grants assessment deadline.
Successful recipients in this category are required to:
– Show that funds will be spent within 6 months of receipt of funding.
– Acquit within 4 weeks of project completion.
Failure to acquit the grant will affect any future funding requests.