The Cairns Regional Council is now inviting applications for its Community Partnerships Grant to assist community organisations to deliver arts, cultural, sporting and community events, activities and programs in the Cairns region.
The events, activities and programs Council support are intended to:
• Drive community and social outcomes to enhance the quality of life in local communities
• Contribute to the region’s balanced portfolio of community, arts, cultural and sporting events
• Celebrate the rich traditions of communities and the importance of these to the Cairns region
• Drive future growth and sustainability of local events, activities and programs
• Improve the capacity and wellbeing of groups that experience disadvantage and or/have difficulty being heard.
This grant provides assistance through cash and the hiring of Council venues and resources. The maximum amount per application is $25,000 (ex GST).
• Applicants must be a registered not-for-profit organisation.
• A not-for-profit is defined as any association, club, state or national organisation, who holds incorporated status under the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 or is a company limited by guarantee under the 2001 Corporations Act and does not operate for the profit or gain (either direct or indirect), of its individual members either from ongoing operations or on its winding up.
• To be eligible applicants must not:
– Have outstanding Council grants that have not been acquitted within required timeframe or grants that have previously not been satisfactorily acquitted
– Have overdue outstanding payments to Council (e.g. rents, rates, fees, Council guarantor loan repayments)
– Be a political party or discriminatory group
– Be a school, university or TAFE college
– Be an individual
– Be an organisation that own, lease, manage or operate premises with poker machines.