The CAGES Foundation’s Community Grant Program is now open for applications.
CAGES Foundation invests in these organisations and activities in two ways.
• The Community Grants stream provides one off grants to Aboriginal community controlled organisations providing services to children and their families.
• The Strategic Partnership stream provides long-term funding to organisations working on a community driven childhood initiative.
• Request for funding up to $50,000 will be considered
• Funding is short-term (one off grants only)
• Strategic Partnerships – Long-term work involving skills transfer, infrastructure, systemic change or program development.
• Community Grants – Gifts from the community grants stream are for Aboriginal controlled organisations responding to an immediate need.
• Activities focused on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in the first five years of life.
• Any activity must be community endorsed. All organisations must have DGR1 tax status.
• Strategic Partnerships
– They will be primarily focusing on organisations working in NSW or based on the east coast who have a national reach.
– There is a strong preference for Aboriginal controlled organisations or organisations that can demonstrate they are working at the request of community.
• Community Grants
– Any activity must be community endorsed.