The BWC Charitable Giving Program comprises a variety of ways that BWC and its members can be involved in championing worthwhile causes that support local women – through activities such as goods drives, distribution of a BWC grant and scholarship, specific fundraising activities and volunteer opportunities.
In the past, BWC has provided grants to a range of organisations and causes in Brisbane and its local surrounds, which closely aligns with the BWC Vision, Mission and Values.
BWC will provide one grant of up to $10,000 to an organisation that supports Brisbane (including local surrounds) women in one or more of the following areas and makes an impact by:
• improving the lives of local women;
• mentoring and guiding women to achieve equal participation in the social, cultural, economic and political arenas of Australian life; or
• leadership and advocacy programs around issues affecting women.
• Applications for The BWC Grant 2022 are open to charitable organisations that are registered with the ACNC and have a valid ABN (however, it is not necessary to be registered for DGR status). BWC Grant will not be awarded directly to an individual. Applications must be submitted by eligible organisations.
• The funds received from the BWC Grant must be spent on projects that support women in Brisbane and local surrounds.
• The Grant funding must be spent by 31 December 2023.