The Victorian Government recently announced a third round of the Business Support Fund – ensuring businesses impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions continue to receive the support they need to make it through restricted trading. The ‘How we work’ roadmaps External link (opens in same window) outline steady, safe and sustainable steps towards a COVID Normal. Grants from this program will help businesses in these sectors make it through extended restrictions.
Through this third round of the Business Support Fund, eligible businesses will receive grants of $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000, depending on the business’ annual payroll.
Only employing businesses in the eligible sectors listed on this page can apply for a grant from this program, in recognition that these industries are the most affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions. If your business is not in one of the listed sectors, you may be able to access other support programs from the Victorian Government’s Business Resilience Package.
How much can I receive? The grants available to businesses range between $10,000 to $20,000, and is dependent on the businesses payroll. If you are eligible, you will receive:
– $10,000 if your annual payroll is <$650,000
– $15,000 if your annual payroll is between $650,000 and $3 million
– $20,000 if your annual payroll is between $3 million and $10 million
Who is eligible? To be eligible for the third round of business support fund grants you must:
– Operate a business in Victoria
– Participate in the JobKeeper Payment scheme
– Employ people
– Be registered with WorkSafe
– Have an annual payroll of <$10 million in 2019-2020
– Be registered for GST
– Have an ABN
– Be registered under a Federal or State regulator