The Business Development Fund (BDF) focuses on the growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in the emerging industries of tomorrow. It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the Business Development Fund promotes angel and venture capital investment in Queensland-based businesses. This helps to facilitate the development of a sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland and helps to turn ideas into reality with co-investment in Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising ground-breaking research or innovations.
– Applications can be submitted at any time.
– Funding of between $125,000 and $2.5 million in a Queensland business.
– Eligibility criteria apply.
– Additional application requirements apply.
Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising cutting edge research or innovative ideas, products or services have the opportunity to access $80 million of investment to help unlock their innovative potential.
What they are looking for
Queensland based businesses that:
– are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative product or service
– require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
– will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled employment
– have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially successful.
Private sector co-investors that have:
– committed to providing an investment in a business that at least matches the investment sought from the Business Development Fund
– demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making investments in seed and early stage businesses
– experience in providing support, management and mentorship to seed and early stage businesses
– a strong and established reputation
– the ability to manage fund reporting.
The independent Business Development Fund investment panel, made up of 9 experienced entrepreneurs, assess fund applications.