Building Partnerships grants help revenue generating startups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) scale or grow strategically through the acquisition of a key customer or channel to market.
Building Partnership grants require startups or SMEs to have an innovative solution that addresses a market gap or opportunity and the collaboration of a consortium of partners.
The goals of the program are to enable a startup or an existing SME with a growth plan to:
expand or pivot an innovative product or solution
acquire a major customer
deliver at scale
or build access to a new market.
Eligible businesses can receive up to 35% of the approved project costs up to a maximum grant of $100,000. The approved project costs may include:
further developing a product and/or solution
progressing early stage commercialisation i.e. product training or product testing
acquiring and retaining talent.
Who is eligible?
– have an innovative and scalable solution that can be deployed to multiple customers and be delivered within 12 months
– demonstrate a consortium of partners who derive benefits from the proposed project
– have a NSW based ABN and be registered for GST
– hold intellectual property or rights to commercialise the product or solution
– demonstrate adequate funding (at least 65% of total project costs) has been secured for the project.
Before you apply
Interested applicants must go through a preliminary application process to ensure they meet eligibility criteria, before being invited to submit a full application for the grant.