Established in 2002 by the Bangarra Group, the Bennelong Foundation aims to enhance community wellbeing and provide opportunities for positive and lasting change. The Foundation also aims to provide opportunities for people within the Bangarra Group to personally get involved in the activities of the organisations it supports.
To help guide the distribution of grants to worthwhile organisations, the Foundation has identified the following areas of focus:
• Education, training, and employment
• Community health – the promotion of physical activities, fitness, and nutritional health
Key focus groups
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
• Refugees, newly arrived migrants and culturally and linguistically diverse communities
• Communities/groups experiencing socio-economic disadvantage