BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards that recognise fundamental contributions in a broad array of areas of scientific knowledge, technology, humanities and artistic creation.
– Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
– Biology and Biomedicine
– Information and Communication Technologies
– Ecology and Conservation Biology
– Climate Change
– Economics, Finance and Management
– Humanities and Social Sciences
– Music and Opera
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards consist of 400,000 euros, a diploma and a commemorative artwork in each of their eight categories.
– Candidates may be one or more natural persons of any nationality, without limitation of number, that have made independent or convergent contributions to a given advance, whether due to a formal collaboration (with the nominees belonging to one or more groups) or parallel working.
– The awards are also open to scientific or cultural organisations that can be collectively credited with exceptional contributions to scientific knowledge, cultural creation or the fight against climate change.
– Awards may not be granted posthumously.