Local businesses can now apply for a share in Baw Baw Shire Council’s $100,000 Business Grant Program developed to support businesses impacted by COVID-19.
Funding is available for projects and activities in four streams:
• Funding Stream One: Online Support
Up to $5,000 for costs associated with online and e-commerce activities, including the purchase of hardware, software and services in any of the following areas:
– Website design and development
– E-commerce platforms (selling online and receiving payments)
– Online content development (web pages, mobile apps, audio and visual media)
– Mentoring and training in online and e-commerce activities
• Funding Stream Two: Infrastructure and Equipment
Up to $5,000 for costs associated with temporary infrastructure used to continue to produce income throughout the impacts of COVID-19 including any of the following areas:
– Physical alterations including temporary structures and barriers
– Business fittings, including retail wholesale and hospitality shop fittings
• Funding Stream Three: Marketing Support
Up to $2,000 for costs associated with marketing activities undertaken used to continue to produce income throughout the impacts of COVID-19 including any of the following areas:
-Digital marketing and promotion
-Printing and marketing activities
• Funding Stream Four: Employee Development
Up to $2,000 for costs associated with increasing and enhancing worker capability to better prepare return to business activities. Suitable professional activities can include, but are not limited to:
– Online learning, webinars
-Attendance at training courses, seminars, workshops, forums or conferences
-In-house courses delivered by an external provider or other training
This funding applies to projects and activities undertaken after mandatory closures to businesses were implemented in Victoria (22 March 2020) and activities to be undertaken within six months of this date.
Successful grant applications will be capped at $2,000 and $5,000 respectively. Applicants are required to demonstrate the actual costs incurred and Baw Baw Shire Council will make funding assessments based on these up to the threshold.
Applications open 15 May 2020 and will be received up until 15 November 2020 or unless all funds are dispensed prior.