The Australian Museum Eureka Prizes are the country’s most comprehensive national science awards, honouring excellence across the areas of research & innovation, leadership, science engagement, and school science.
Presented annually in partnership with some of the nation’s leading scientific institutions, government organisations, universities and corporations, the Eureka Prizes raise the profile of science and science engagement in the community by celebrating outstanding achievement.
• Established in 1990 to reward outstanding achievements in Australian science and science communication.
• Australia’s most comprehensive national science awards.
• A unique co-operative partnership between government, education and research institutions, private sector companies, organisations and individuals.
• Each prize is judged by a panel of eminent and qualified individuals, whose contribution of expertise and time helps support the credibility of the Eureka Prizes.
• The Australian Museum Eureka Prizes culminates in a gala Award Dinner, which celebrates and rewards Australian science.
• The 2018 Award Dinner was attended by 570 guests, with MCs Tracey Holmes and Adam Spencer.
• In 2019, 17 prizes will be awarded across four categories – Research & Innovation, Leadership, Science Engagement and School Science.
Eureka Prizes Date
• Entries open Friday 1 February
• Entries close Friday 3 May
• Finalists announced late July (date TBC)
• Winners announced Wednesday 28 August