We’ve had a difficult welcome to 2020 with the bushfire tragedies still rocking our nation. Hence Forward Thinking Design would like to invite charities, social enterprises and small businesses, affected by the fires in NSW, to apply to Forward Thinking Design for their professional support in a pro bono or ‘at cost’ capacity as appropriate. Each year they provide a range of free and reduced fee services to a select number of charities and social enterprises in fulfillment of their ethics as a Certified B Corporation, and in 2020 they’d like to direct this to the communities in NSW affected by the ongoing bushfires. They understand that the impact of the fires has also been devastating to many small businesses, and hence would like to also extend the opportunity to any that meet their ethical business parameters.
There is no deadline to apply as they will look to provide rolling support. They will assist where they can, to the limit of their resources, and where they cannot they will look to refer to other consultants, trades, shopfitters, builders and furnishing/materials suppliers, within their networks, who may be able to provide assistance.
WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY DO
• Forward Thinking Design is one of the most awarded fitout design and built environment strategy studios in Australia. They provide advisory and practical solutions to the following clientele: restaurants and hospitality, retail, services, health and fitness, sporting clubs, public and entertainment venues, government and not for profit. They are based in Sydney.
• They can potentially assist with recovery/renovation/fitout advice, fitout and renovation design and DA/CC/CDC documentation/applications for food premises, retail, workplaces, healthcare, common and public spaces, venues (including heritage buildings).
• Tender, sourcing and procurement for recovery/renovation/fitout including of donations of trade services, furnishings, fittings and materials.
– You must be a recognised and registered social enterprise, charity/not-for-profit, community, other purpose-focussed organisation or ethical small business (contact us if you are unsure as to whether you fit our criteria).
– You must have been materially affected by the recent/current bushfire tragedy and be located in NSW
– We will aim to provide assistance where we can and where not within our capacity we will aim to refer your application on for consideration by others who may be in a position to assist.
– Your project must be commercial/public in nature, not private residential, as we are not qualified in residential design and residential building matters.