The ANZAC Day Proceeds Fund provides practical support to the veteran community through the provision of funding for a range of welfare related activities. Funding is provided to assist organisations whose principal objective is to provide welfare to the ex-service community.
In April 2020 the Victorian Government committed funds to support the Victorian veteran community impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. For a proportion of the funding, priority will be given to projects that are responding to COVID-19 impacts. There is one funding round per year.
Participants may be offered a smaller funding amount than applied for in the applications, and the Proceeds Fund may ask for a revised project plan and budget.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
– Demonstrate that its principal objective is to provide welfare to the ex-service community.
– Be an incorporated body.
– Possess an Australian Business Number (ABN) or can provide written advice from the Australian Taxation Office that no withholding tax is required from the grant payment.
– Be financially solvent.
– Be based in Australia provided the project is located in Victoria.
– Have submitted a Final Report or Progress Report for any previously provided or current Victorian Government Veterans Grant.
– Unincorporated organisations may arrange for an incorporated organisation to act as an auspice on their behalf.