AMGC co-funds industry projects to commercialise innovation. In this way, approved industry projects demonstrate how, and the techniques, Australian manufacturing can become more globally competitive. AMGC currently has two funding grants available:
– Advanced Manufacturing Ecosystem Fund
– Commercialisation Fund
Advanced Manufacturing Ecosystem Fund
The Advanced Manufacturing Ecosystem (AME) Fund of $7.5 million seeks to build the advanced manufacturing ecosystem in the Northern Territory. The fund aims to grow advanced manufacturing capabilities and increase investment in and output of advanced manufacturing activity in the Northern Territory and grow the number of advanced manufacturing jobs located in the Northern Territory.
The AME fund will provide grants to industry-led advanced manufacturing projects located in the Northern Territory across the Territory’s priority sectors where those projects:
– Commercialise new products and processes, including transitioning a new product or process from prototype stage to full commercial operations
– Support early stage, fast fail, grants to support small-scale and pilot research projects in advanced manufacturing.
GRANT AMOUNT AND GRANT PERIOD
For this grant opportunity, $6,705,000 million is available from 2021–22 to 2025–26.
The grant amount will be up to 50 per cent of eligible project expenditure (grant percentage).
– The minimum grant amount is $25,000
– The maximum grant amount is $500,000 although additional funding may be granted to project applications that can demonstrate an outstanding contribution to the NT manufacturing ecosystem.
You are responsible for the remaining 50 per cent of eligible project expenditure, plus any ineligible expenditure. Your contribution must be in cash.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
– Have an Australian Company Number (ACN)
– Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
– Be non-tax-exempt
– Be registered for the Goods and Services Tax (GST); and
– Be an entity incorporated in Australia, including startups and a trading corporation, where the principal project activities occur in the NT.