The ACT Children’s Week Committee offers small seeding Grants – to assist in organising your activity for Children’s Week.
When promoting your event, please acknowledge that your activity is a ‘CHILDREN’S WEEK EVENT’
CHILDREN’S WEEK ACTIVITIES:
– to be held in Children’s Week: 19 – 27 October 2019
AIMS OF ACT CHILDREN’S WEEK
– Raise community awareness of the needs, rights and achievements of children and youth
– Encourage the community, children’s services, support groups, schools, youth and community groups to plan and conduct events to celebrate childhood and to highlight issues involved in childhood and youth
– Honour parents and recognise the contribution of carers, workers and teachers in children’s development
– Assist individuals, groups and organisations to organise local activities and events that support and involve children and their families, through the provision of small seeding Grants
– Encourage the participation of both adults and children in activities and events to celebrate Children’s Week
– Provide opportunities for groups, organisations and schools to ‘open their doors’ to give the community an opportunity to see what children are doing and what they are doing for children
– Help promote the work that people are doing to support children and youth in our community
– Recognise the contribution of carers, workers, groups and organisations who contribute to the well being of children and young people through the presentation of Awards
– Recognise young people who are an example and role model for other young people through the presentation of Awards
This year ACT Children’s Week is again encouraging applications with a focus on grandparent and intergenerational activities (things like seniors helping with school activities or child care centres visiting local aged care homes etc).