City of Sydney is inviting applications from organisations that provide services to the community or cultural sectors to act as head tenant for the City of Sydney’s property at 744 George Street, Haymarket.
The lease will be for 3 years, with the possibility to extend for another 2 years.
In late-2019, Haymarket Library will move from the premises to Darling Square.
Proposed program and outcomes, including but not limited to:
– delivery of outcomes in line with Sydney 2030 and the City’s creative, economic and/or social strategies
– a program of engagement activities that build connection, community, partnerships, skills, knowledge and capability within an industry or community
– activation of the precinct and contribution to local community, commercial and/or cultural life through the use of the building
– engagement of the local community and opportunities for access and participation
– stakeholder engagement and management
– measurable community benefit commensurate with the rental subsidy requested.
The successful applicant will engage with the local community and people walking by the premises, and contribute to the operating costs of the building.