Funding is offered to employers and businesses to support activities that result in more Aboriginal Territorians entering employment and developing careers within the workplace.
The grants help employers and businesses by providing funding for wrap-around services and other support needed to maximise employment outcomes.
Who can apply:
Funding is available to organisations only.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
Meet one of the following:
– Be incorporated under and compliant with the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act (Commonwealth).
– Be incorporated under and compliant with one of: the Associations Act (NT), the Corporations Act 2001, the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act (Commonwealth), any other Act of Parliament.
– Be a local governing body or an incorporated organisation delivering local government or municipal services.
– Be incorporated under and compliant with the Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth).
– Be incorporated under and compliant with the Associations Act (NT).
– Be operating as a sole trader.
– Be physically located and actively operating in the NT.
– Have an Australian Business Number (ABN).
– Have public liability insurance of at least $10 million.
What can be funded:
The following types of expenses, projects or activities can be funded:
– Structured Mentoring through a professional service for career development or advancement.
– Workforce Development such as support for implementing workplace practices, job design or tutoring.
– Wrap Around Services including (but not limited to) language, literacy and numeracy (LLN), in-situ mentoring and structured workplace support, transport and/or accommodation where there is no alternative.