If you are a not-for-profit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community-Controlled Organisation (ACCO) with a great idea to improve the lives of Aboriginal people, you can now access newly-released $3.4 million Sector Strengthening grant funds to support the Aboriginal-controlled sector to take the next step in delivering for their communities.
The funds enable ACCOs to explore and develop initiatives that deliver a meaningful impact on their communities, and in particular develop or expand initiatives in the priority sectors of Health, Housing, Disability, and Early Childhood Care and Development.
ACCOs can use grant funds to:
• be positioned to compete for and deliver service contracts and grants.
• participate in policy development and program service design in the four priority sectors.
• support workforce and skill development for Aboriginal people.
• collaborate with other ACCOS or other organisations to achieve community outcomes.
Ideas are welcome from ACCOs of any size, anywhere in WA. This grant program places a special focus on ideas that will invest in the future of ACCOs in the priority sectors, and benefit Aboriginal people, families and communities. These grants are in addition to the grants that are also available to ACCOs from Lotterywest through its Community Investment Framework.
Who can apply?
Any ACCO operating in Western Australia which currently provides, or aspires to provide, services in one or more of the following four priority sectors can apply:
• Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD)