The department acknowledges that the arts and cultural industries have experienced, and will continue to experience, disruption from the impacts of COVID-19.
Funding delivered through the Aboriginal Arts Commissioning Fund is intended to:
– encourage the expression and preservation of traditional and contemporary regional Western Australian Aboriginal cultures, communities, and identities through the arts.
– support the development of significant and large-scale works created and produced by Aboriginal artists in regional Western Australia.
– enable employment opportunities for regional Aboriginal artists, arts workers and communities.
– showcase the unique stories of Western Australia’s First Nations peoples and engage new and diverse audiences.
– Eligible applicants can apply for up to $300,000 to support the direct costs of commissioning, developing and producing new large-scale work.
– The project must be completed within 24 months of receiving the funds.
Who can apply:
– Community organisations
– Regional organisations
– Aboriginal communities