The Aboriginal Affairs NSW Cultural Grants Program supports Aboriginal community organisations across NSW to celebrate Aboriginal culture and hold key cultural events and activities.
How much can I apply for?
Applicants can apply for grants from $500 to $20,000.
Aboriginal Affairs NSW has allocated $1 million for the Aboriginal Affairs NSW Cultural Grants Program in 2022-2023.
The AANSW Cultural Grants Program objective are to:
• support Aboriginal communities to strengthen, protect, and maintain traditional and contemporary expressions of Aboriginal culture
• support key contemporary Aboriginal cultural events and activities
• contribute to Aboriginal community wellbeing and healing, through the use of Aboriginal culture and community connection
• facilitate sharing of Aboriginal cultural knowledge and skills between generations.
What can I apply for?
Funding can be used for projects that meet the objectives of the Cultural Grants Program. The following are the types of activities that may be funded, where they are aligned with the program objectives:
• women’s or men’s gathering on Country
• delivery of a culture and wellbeing camp for Aboriginal youth
• creation of a digital installation showing Aboriginal history of the local community
• statewide music or cultural festival
• hosting a series of online workshops
• community celebration event
• cultural activities at a regional sporting event.