The Inspiring South Australian Women’s Award (formerly known as the Women Hold Up Half the Sky Award), recognises an outstanding woman who has made a significant contribution to the community. The Award is part of the Australia Day awards and honours and is jointly coordinated by the Australia Day Council of South Australia and the Office for Women.
The award is provided by the Minister for Human Services, the Hon Michelle Lensink MLC, who is responsible for the Status of Women portfolio.
• Inspiring SA Women’s Award
• Emerging Leader’s Award
A Commendation Award may be bestowed to encourage the future potential of the nominee.
– Be an Australian Citizen
– Work and reside in South Australia
– Have made an outstanding contribution to the community
– Selection Criteria
– Achievement in their field
– Contribution to the community
– Acting as an inspirational role model