The Johns Hopkins University is seeking for health-related solutions and invites student-led teams from around the world to participate in the 2020 Healthcare Design Competition.
Eligible for submission are designs for Medical Devices, Surgical Tools, Diagnostic Devices, Drug Delivery Devices, Health IT Solutions, mHealth Solutions and Global Health Innovations.
The best three projects in each competition category will be awarded.
Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.).
• Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems
• Global Health/ Humanitarian Design
• Healthcare Apps/Information Technology Design
February 18 – Submission of Proposals
March 15 – Announcement of Applicants Selected
April 19 – Finals at JHU Homewood Campus
Eligibility for Application:
• Project must be focused on a healthcare application
– Innovations for both high-resource settings and global health applications are eligible
– Device, hardware, and digital solutions are eligible
• Project must have been started after January 1st, 2015
• Project must be driven by full-time students
– Ph.D./Postdoc research projects and projects that have utilized significant research funding (>$100k) are ineligible
– Projects that are not run by full-time students are ineligible. For example, projects run by startup companies or faculty are ineligible.
– Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.).