The Veolia Mulwaree Trust was established to manage and distribute funds for charitable purposes and worthwhile community projects to benefit communities within or surrounding the former Mulwaree Shire Council area in Southern NSW. The Trust’s funding is provided by Veolia Australia and New Zealand which operates the Woodlawn EcoPrecinct near Tarago in Southern NSW.
Eligible Local Government Areas
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust specifically covers the local government areas of:
• Goulburn Mulwaree Council
• Upper Lachlan Shire Council
• Oberon Council
• Wingecarribee Shire Council
• Wollondilly Shire Council
• Shoalhaven City Council
• former Palerang1 Council area
Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships
The Veolia Mulwaree Trust wishes to support the cultural vitality of the region by supporting local creative artists in their chosen fields. The Trust invites applications from creative artists working in any arts discipline for the Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships. Two $3,000 Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships will be awarded each year and may be from either of the following categories:
• Arts Practice Scholarships
Scholarship for a creative artist to further his or her art practice, such as by making/completing a body of work for exhibition, publication, performance, residency etc
• Arts Study Scholarships
Scholarship for a creative artist to undertake a program of arts study in any format, forexample, at a tertiary institution or other educational program, through a mentorship program, study tour etc
– Veolia Creative Arts Scholarships are open to any creative arts discipline including (but not limited to) performing arts, visual arts, literature, multi-media and screen arts.
– Applicants must be a current resident in one of the seven local government areas serviced by the Veolia Mulwaree Trust, as listed above, and have lived in the area for at least the past three years.
– Applicants must be aged over 18 years.
– Only one application from an individual will be accepted in any one year.
– Successful scholarship recipients will be ineligible to apply to Veolia Mulwaree Trust for a period of two years from the date of the signed acceptance of the scholarship.
– Applicants who are unsuccessful may reapply at any time, providing the application is updated and current, unaltered applications are unlikely to be reconsidered.