The 2019 Hawkesbury Sports Awards are proudly sponsored by Hawkesbury City Council. They acknowledge the sporting accomplishments of community members as well as the contributions of individuals to sporting clubs through support roles.
Nominations are invited for individuals and community groups who meet the selection criteria of one or more of the nine categories listed below. Nomination forms should provide as much detail as possible to assist with the judging process. Nominations must address the applicable category criteria listed below.
All nominations must be accompanied by a letter of support from the sporting organisation association the nominee represents.
Nominations close 5pm Monday, 1 April 2019
Council’s Hawkesbury Civic and Citizenship Committee is responsible for assessing all nominations received based on the section criteria and select award recipients for each of the categories. Unsuccessful nominations can be resubmitted in subsequent years.
• Sports Person of the Year
• Junior Sports Person of the Year
• Senior Sports Person of the Year
• All Abilities Sports Person of the Year
• Team of the Year
• Official of the Year
• Coach of the Year
• Sporting Excellence Medallion (previously known as Hawkesbury District Sports Medal)
• Service to Sport Medallion (previously known as the Hawkesbury District Sports Certificate)
Essential Criteria for all awards (except All Abilities Sports Person)
– Nominees must be a resident or member of a Hawkesbury sporting organisation.Non-residents must be registered and competing with a Hawkesbury based sporting organisation for not less than 12 months.
Support from Club or Association
– All nominations must be verified by the sporting organisation or association in which the sports person, volunteer or coach is a member of.
A letter of support from the President or Secretary must be attached to your nomination.