10×10 is a live crowdfunding “for purpose organisation” that is empowering the next generation of giving. 10×10 events are run by a team of volunteers and are designed to support innovative grassroots charities. They feature a pitch from 3 charities and are a fun mix between a networking event, cocktail party and pitching contest. Participants pledge a minimum amount which is turned into charity dollars and at the end of the night participants decide which charity to support. 10×10 is making a large impact in providing purpose to lives of its volunteers and funding for grassroots charities that do incredible work.
10×10’s MISSION is to Empower the Next Generation of Giving
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. 10 volunteer committee members organise a charity event (1 x venue, 3 x charities, 1 x dragon, food & drink).
2. Each committee member invites at least 10 of their friends to make a $100 pledge (or more) to attend the event (10×10… get it?) creating a pool of at least $10K.
3. Upon arrival, each attendee is given ‘Charity Dollars’ equal to the value of their ‘Pledge’.
4. After drinks and canapes, attendees are seated to watch the #Dragonforgood question the three chosen charities who pitch, to you the audience, their cause, model and impact.
5. Each attendee then decides directly who they want to give their ‘Charity Dollars’ to.
6. Charities receive 100% of the funds raised minus a 10% project fee to 10×10 to cover admin and overhead costs.
7. You will then receive a tax deductible receipt 4-6 weeks from the charity post the event.
DATE: Thursday 31 May 2018
TIME: Doors open at 6pm and pitches start at 7pm
LOCATION: AMP Auditorium, 750 Collins St, Docklands
If you would like to attend and support the event, please click their PLEDGE button on their site to donate the amount of your choice to receive a ticket to the event. Your Pledge purchase is converted to your donation which is 100% tax deductible.